After a month of working as a waitress, I’ve learned a few things about the job that I didn’t know before:
- Customers usually don’t care about how busy you are. They want good service regardless.
- Some people just give awful tips no matter how well you serve them (like the girl who tipped me 10 cents for an $18 meal…).
- No matter how much you clean, everything will just get dirty the next day anyway.
- Clear cups are so much better than mugs.
- There are 2 types of drunk customers: those who are super friendly and those who are a pain…
- … and how to deal with both types.
- Organization is really, really important when taking people’s orders.
- How hard you work doesn’t always equal how much you earn.
- It’s not an easy job. at all…
- But awesome coworkers, friendly customers, and the endless list of funny stories you can now tell make it pretty worthwhile.